Cuppa and daily quizzes: December 22, 2021
#Made fun – Almost 163,000 pints of Guinness are wasted on facial hair each year. Incredible, but true, according to a study commissioned by the brewing company.
# Shave and Save
- “Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends” was number one UK album in 2008 for which band?
- Which Marvel superhero has the real name Dr. Robert Bruce Banner?
- What is the largest instrument in the brass section of an orchestra?
- What is the name of the temple on the Acropolis of Athens?
- With whom did the late Princess Diana dance on stage at the Royal Opera House in London in 1985?
- Who was the Greek goddess of victory?
- In which part of the human body can pisiform bones be found? Hip, arm, chest, back
- Which of these foods was off limits to 16th-century women because they were considered aphrodisiacs? Artichoke, Apple, Peach, Khaki
- In which 1976 horror film did John Travolta appear with Sissy Spaceck?
- What is the name of the Indian python in Rudyard Kipling’s “Jungle Book”?
Responses of December 21:
Questions: 1. What is the name given to the shoulder joint? Benonumeral, Glenohumeral, Denohumeral, Fenohumeral 2. In what year did Disney release the movie “Beauty and the Beast”? 1991, 1995, 1989, 1993 3. Which animals live in pride? 4.Odontology is the scientific study of what? 5. Dendrophobia is the irrational fear of which natural objects? 6.What river is the town of Barnstaple on? 7. What does the letter L mean in SWALK when written on the back of an envelope? 8. What is the title of the only movie ‘Dirty Harry’ directed by Clint Eastwood? 9.Mike Wazowski is a one-eyed character in which animated film? 10.Which Welsh singer was Gaynor Hopkins born?
Answers: 1. Glenohumeral 2.1991 3.Lions 4.Teeth 5.Trees 6.River Taw 7.Love 8.Sudden Impact 9.Monsters Inc. 10.Bonnie Tyler
Get all the latest news, updates, things to do and more from your local InYourArea feed.