Cuppa and daily quizzes: October 13, 2021
#Made fun – Cotton candy was invented by a guy called William Morrison. A dentist, nothing less … ensuring regular business for years to come!
- The “Palmer Method”, developed by Austin Palmer, is a system used in what?
- What English author said, “Freedom is the right to tell people what they don’t want to hear”?
- Who played Christine Painter (a barely disguised Cynthia Payne) in the 1987 movie “Personal Services”?
- Complete the title of a famous painting by Van Eyck “Les Arnolfini…”? Wedding, dance, birthday or funeral?
- Expressionism emerged in the early years of what century? 21, 18, 20 or 19?
- Which fruit has the Latin name Actinidia Deliciosa? Plum, Peach, Ugli Fruit or Kiwi?
- What is the official language of the Netherlands?
- Who teamed up with Sisquo in 1998 to release “Its All About Me”? Brandy, Mya, Lauryn Hill or Monica?
- What was the first name of the inventor of the diesel engine?
- What is the geographical first name of the singer of Weezer? Streams, mountains, rivers or lakes?
Answers of October 13:
Questions: 1. Which English football club is nicknamed “The Foxes”? 2. Which of the following names is the correct name for the bones of the human ear? Falleus, Talleus, Malleus or Lalleus? 3. What is the Latin name for a banana? Musa, Chusa, Lusa or Pusa? 4. What letter of the English alphabet appears in the title of a television series featuring Spike Milligan? 5. What trade is associated with a caduceus, a staff surrounded by two snakes? 6. In 1960, Makarios III became the first president of which Mediterranean island? 7. The Liberty Bell (March) by John Philip Sousa is the theme of which British television comedy series starring John Cleese? 8. “Now, say Chatillon, what would France do with us” is the opening line in which Shakespeare is playing? Richard III, All’s well that ends well, Richard II or King John? 9. In astronomy, the northern lights are better known by what name? 10. London Bridge, built in 1831, was transported stone by stone to which US state?
Answers: 1. Leicester City FC 2. Malleus 3. Musa 4. Q 5. Medical Profession 6. Cyprus 7. Monty Python’s Flying Circus 8. King John 9. The Northern Lights 10. Arizona
Get all the latest news, updates, things to do and more from your local InYourArea feed.